Two oils and an acrylic

A landmark event: my new camera arrived-- yay for Air Miles! To celebrate the occasion, here are three paintings.
The first is an English garden, with a climbing rose tangled through an apple tree: thoroughly pink and lacy. 
The second is a profile that mingles skin with landscape, since the nose itself is over four inches long. I did it as a study of contours, and tried to approach it in the same way I would the profile of a cliff edge. 
And the third is a a stand of poplars I painted on location this past summer. What caught my attention was the unexpected contrast between the trees, dove-grey in their own shadows, and the backdrop of sunny foliage.



Comments

  1. tabitha! these are incredible... i'm so glad i found your blog. i miss you girl. love e.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts